Disciples 4 Christ is made up of a coalition of ministries in direction under Susan Neyra. Committed volunteers combine with the power of the Holy Spirit to provide worship services, crusades, life skills and recovery classes, as well as family oriented programs that helps the offender and their family rebuild broken relationships.
Our objective is to empower offenders through the Word of God to become disciples for Christ while incarcerated and beyond. It is through our programs that we encourage offenders to understand that they can have a successful prison term through empowering faith as instructed in Romans 10:17, “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”
Offenders are also taught how to serve a peaceful yet purposeful term while in prison through understanding Romans 12:2, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Please Email email@example.com To Verify Your Renewal Date.
How Can I Get Involved?
Thank you for your interest in Disciples 4 Christ! Our volunteers come from all walks of life and they volunteer for all kinds of reasons. Our prison outreach ministry is successful because of our dedicated volunteers. NEW Volunteers MUST do the following:
STEP 1. Read ALL Required Documents Below:
Additional information to read below, but not required.
STEP 3. Becoming an Approved TDCJ Volunteer
Complete this step if you have decided you would like to volunteer within the prison gates on a regular bases (2 to 3 times a year).
There are 3 ways to submit your TDCJ Volunteer application to Huntsville for consideration.
- Handwritten applications are to be mailed to: Volunteer Services, 2 Financial Plaza, Suite 472, Huntsville, TX 77340.
- Computer generated application can be faxed to: 936-437-2852
- Handed in to a unit Chaplain at the required TDCJ Volunteer training sessions.
TDCJ Volunteer Training – in person 4 hours TDCJ Volunteer training is mandatory for your application to be approved. There is a link at the bottom of TDCJ application with training dates and times.
Once you’ve completed your 4 hour (in person) training please send an email to our office with the date.
Former Offenders, please see below for the additional steps you need to take to become an approved TDCJ volunteer.
Can A Former Offender Volunteer?
Being a former offender will not keep you from Volunteering within the gates of TDCJ, but there are a few requirements prior to volunteering.
Special Guest/Guest Speaker:
To go in as Special Guest you must have been out for at least 12 months.
To become a TDCJ Trained Volunteer you must have been out for at least 18 months.
(Please DO NOT submit your application until your 18 months is complete).
To expedite your application you will need to:
1. Gather These Letter/Documents. A current letter from your PO or a copy of your Parole Certificate (if off paper). A letter from your Pastor recommending you to volunteer within the gates (on church letterhead). Have 2 copies of your TDCJ Volunteer Application. (One copy to be attached to your TDCJ Volunteer Application and one copy to be mailed to Huntsville).
2. Go online and print out a TDCJ Application. Click Here
Be upfront as possible – if you don’t remember then say, “to the best of my knowledge”. Be sure to list any relative or close friend(s) within the gates.
3. Locate the nearest and first available TDCJ training. Click Here
4. Attend the meeting and submit your TDCJ application. Follow up with Volunteer Services to see where your application stands by calling (936) 437-3026. Please allow 3-4 weeks for the application to be processed.
5. Mail the additional copies of the letters your gathered to:
c/o Volunteer Services
2 Financial Plaza, Suite 472
Huntsville, TX 77340
6. Finally, confirm with us by emailing the date and place where you completed your TDCJ training to firstname.lastname@example.org