Having been where you are I truly understand your greatest concern is “who is voting for you” (parole wise), but the condition of this country greatly affects your future and the future of your loved ones.
America’s greatest need is unquestionably spiritual; we are providing biblical prayers that combine praying for revival in the land and our major elections. As always believers’ first and foremost concern must be the spiritual condition of our country, not on what the government can do for us but believing the word of God. “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all this shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33). May we always remember that our faith is in God, not political parties or human leaders! Again nationwide transformation depends far more on conditions in the Church House than who is in the White House. Below are biblical prayers that co-labor with God.
1. Pray for God’s mercy on our churches, nation and the world. Pray that He would stay His righteous judgment and turn us to Himself in fervent love and deep repentance. (2 Chronicles 7:14; Joel 2:12-17)
2. Pray for deep conviction of sin; for a sweeping revival in the Church and spiritual awakening across America and the world. Pray for an explosion of purity and an evangelistic harvest around the earth. (2 Chronicles 7:14; Joel 2:12-17; Matthew 22:37-39; James 4:8-10)
3. Pray for believers to be more concerned about the glory of God’s Name and His Kingdom than economic, political and social comforts. That Believers would fully humble themselves placing their trust in God not in the government. Placing biblical truths above all. (Exodus 20:3-5; Psalm 33:12-22; Acts 5:29)
4. Pray for all Americans to recognize the profound, lasting implication of major elections. Pray that Believers do their civic duty by seriously seeking God’s guidance before casting their vote, and will turn out in strong numbers. (Proverbs 3:56; Proverbs 14; Proverbs 13: 14-16)
5. Pray that God will give America leaders of integrity who govern in righteousness, wisdom and truth. (Psalms 33:10-13, Roman 13:1; Proverbs 13:9) That God would rise up a standard against evil and restrain the forces of moral and spiritual evilness. (1 Timothy 2:1-2; Isaiah 59:19; Matthew 12:28-30)
If God is leading you to take the challenge please let us hear from you. All of us at Disciples 4 Christ, thank you for partnering with us and praying for our great nation.
President of Disciples 4 Christ